Friday, January 19, 2007

I gave today...

and a nice, round $284.00 is now in the hands of MSF! Thank you to all who contributed. I am so proud of our little group fundraiser.

Now to answer a comment that was left a while ago under the post about my Mooshie and his yarn-bringing obsession... yes, I am extremely careful not to allow him to chew on yarn. I am very aware of the dangers of yarn twisting around a cat's insides and the thought horrifies me.

Fortunately, both my husband and myself work from home so we can watch him pretty much all the time (we don't go out much), and I don't leave tantalizing bits and bobs of yarn lying around, believe it or not. Moosh pretty much just likes to carry yarn balls around in his mouth, and deposit them in certain places. That seems to be the main thrill. And he does have lots of regular toys other than yarn. In case you wondered.

Awwwww...

Thank you for all the nice comments about the FOs. I am pretty happy about them myself! Today I am getting some sock samples done for the class on Monday. This class will be teaching heels and gussets, so I am doing one sock down to the start of the heel flap, and one sock down to the heel turn.

The yarn is my lovely mediumweight Rare Gem from the lovely folks at Blue Moon Fiber Arts, makers of Socks that Rock and purveyors of the Rockin' Sock Club. If you haven't yet heard about the events that these ladies have been going through for the last couple of weeks, please read about it here and here and here. They have now updated their website and are open and ready for business, so please support them. Their sock yarn is legendary, and they are absolute peaches.

3 comments:

annmarie said...

congratulations on your fundraiser! I have it set up that MSF/DWB debits my checking account automatically each month. It was very easy to arrange with them and keeps me from forgetting to send a contribution.

Anonymous said...

I can't decide what I love better, the nose on that cat or the fact that he is called Mooshie...

By the way, am I just missing something glaringly obvious or is there no info about the Shetland KAL in the sidebar?

(It is entirely possible that it's so *there* that only the blind would miss it. If so, please be gentle with me as you point me in the right direction, because I think I might actually knit a shawl. Today, a watchband, tomorrow a shawl. Yay me :-) )

Unknown said...

You are not missing anything dear. Just lazy me hasn't added it yet. The KAL is starting on Valentine's day, Feb 14, on the yahoo list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SiviaHardingKnits/

Thank you for being gentle. I will now get off my arse and make a button...