Monday, January 15, 2007

Giving is getting

The yarn is all spoken for! Thank you, each and every one of you, worthy knitters!

The contribution tally is still being counted as a few packages have yet to be sent, but I am one happy little camper tonight...

And as for proof that giving is getting (as if the good vibes from this weekend's charity event weren't enough!), I went to a benefit this weekend that was actually a sale of yarn and books from a knitting friend who recently and very sadly to me, passed away. One of these books is one that I have been looking for for ages, and thought I would have to pay dearly for, Tudor Roses. Yet there it was, waiting for me as if it was a gift directly from my friend to me. It shall be treasured. Finding that book was enough to keep me sailing along yesterday and today. Small things like that speak big in my world.

Somehow I feel as if the yarn I let go of this weekend "made room" for the universe to bring me this new gift. Makes me want to let go of more and more...

Thanks to you, and you, and you...

Knitting content promised soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your friend - I'm sure she's thrilled that you got her book!

Congrats on the successful charity sale!

vanessa said...

karma