Friday, February 20, 2009

The Excitement Builds...


For those of you who for some weird reason have not yet heard about the Sock Summit, which promises to be the knitting event of the century, you can get up to speed here.

The unholy three, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, Tina Newton of Blue Moon Fiber Arts, and Cat Bordhi, have been planning this incredible thing under wraps.. until today.

The wraps are off! Now it can be told.. the most amazing collection of knitting teachers EVER. Including Barbara Walker, Anna Zilboorg, Priscilly Gibson-Roberts, Meg Swanson, and on and on. See the entire list and their bios (yes, thrillingly to include moi) on Yarn Harlot's blog and the Sock Summit website.

HEHE!!! The fun is set to start August 6, 2009. Get your socks on...

4 comments:

Vallee fam fave recipes said...

Congrats on the great news. That's really exciting! You have indeed arrived!

Have you considered applying to publish the pattern on knitty.com? You really should.

Unknown said...

Hey Janna! Did you mean the glove pattern? I don't think knitty will accept a pattern that I have already released, if so.. or which pattern did you mean if not?

Sivia

Julie said...

I only wish I could go - my sister and I were discussing, but the budget crunch has us in its clutches - I figure it would cost $1000 for air, car, hotel, classes, meals, yarn, yarn, yarn...so maybe next year???

gail said...

The sock summit sounds fabulous! I am writing you to say that I finished your Shetland Garden Faroese Shawl, with a knit on lace edging that I took from Victorian Lace Today. The shawl is fabulous. A challenge for me and I love it!