Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dué Amori Unveiled

I think it's time for a little unveiling... this is the first glimpse of my new design that will be released soon, right after the workshop that will be happening on Vancouver Island in early September. It might be a little premature because the patterns are not completely ready, but I just couldn't wait any more!

The Dué Amori Glove in its shorter version, medium size. There is also an opera-length version, and two more sizes available.

The start of the Dué Amori Scarf, unfinished and unblocked. Note the beaded cables and lovely little cable needle... more on that later.

The Dué Amori Glove and Scarf set is shown using a stunning yarn in a new and very ethereal colorway: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Seduction in Quilla, one of the brand new Spirit Colorways. I feel so privileged to be working with this yarn... it is literally angelic in look AND feel. I am using size 6/0 pearlized seed beads, which lend a sweet Victorian air to the design.

I do hope you like them so far... more progress shots promised soon.

In other news, a big thank you to all who expressed such delight in the new stole pattern, Midnight Lace Stole from Alt Fiber. I have now added the pattern to Ravelry so you can queue it up! Go over and do it right now!!!

And a little word about a beautiful knitting tool from Leslie Wind, the sinuous, lovely cable needle necklace in bronze. I don't have it on a necklace as I prefer to keep it stowed in my knitting tool box, so forgive me Leslie! I love the heaviness of the bronze which makes it stay put while you are doing your other manipulations, and the squat shape of mine (each one of her cable needles are completely unique in size and shape) is perfect. Leslie will even customize your cable needle for the size of yarn you use most. What more can you ask for????

You can go here to view a video of the cable needle necklace in action and purchase your own. I was fortunate enough to get mine in person at Three Bags Full.

Happy knitting to all...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Due Amori...absolutely, breathtakingly lovely!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

The gloves are so unique I cant wait for the pattern:)Hugs Darcy

Skylark said...

Lovely! I can hardly wait to cast on.

Anonymous said...

Absolutelylovely!!!

SooZ said...

Oh, this is lovely! A romantic piece. I can't wait to cast on this one, Sivia. You are truly a designer.

Anonymous said...

LOVELY! You do the most amazing work!
Sandra Singh

Courtney said...

Pretty, pretty and pretty.

Melanie said...

Dué Amori, a lovely name for a very elegant piece! I love the way the cables pop and the beads are nestled safely between their arms.