Sunday, May 27, 2007

Making Waves

Yesterday was the photo shoot for the new version of Waves in the Square. Thanks to my wonderful and creative friends (and co-owners of Three Bags Full) Yee Jee and Zoe, who seem to regularly bail me out when it is time for picture-taking, here are the results below. Zoe was kind enough to model the shawl as it was much more her color than mine.





It was very hard to decide (and very late at night to boot) which shot should grace the pattern cover, but I decided on the top one because it shows the shawl as I love to wear it most - like a wrap with one long end thrown over a shoulder. But I LOVE the interesting corner details that the other shots reveal. This shawl is kind of a mystery... very few people figure out that it is three-quarters of a square unless they actually see it lying flat. The shape lends itself to a very stable fit and "seats" over the shoulders very much like a raglan sweater. Yet there are lots of interesting ways to drape and wear it.

I am very happy with this latest version... the beaded picot border is new and I think it adds a lot of charm to what used to be a very minimalist garter stitch bottom border.

This shawl is being packed up today to fly away to TNNA. Join me in waving a tearful bye-bye... Don't know where, don't know when, but we'll see each other again someday...

New version, Waves in the Square, available now in pdf and printed format.

7 comments:

Kristine said...

I just want to point out that between you and Melanie, I am never going to be caught up on all the things I want to knit. Which is good, in the end, but I just wanted you to know. :p

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Jacqui said...

Lovely indeed! Great edging, simple but classy, very nice and the colours are gorgeous too :lol:

Melanie said...

What a shame to have to part company with Waves in the Square so soon! It's incredibly lovely, and the picot border is a wonderful addition.

Julie said...

Gorgeous, as usual!

Romi said...

Wow! It's absolutely gorgeous!

annmarie said...

What a beauty!

Heather said...

oh it turned out so nice! i love the shape of it!