Friday, February 11, 2011

Fluency

I just had to release the pattern for the Fluency Gloves before the weather starts to warm. The flowing, sinuous ribs create a delicious hug for your hands that is also very stretchy.

Fluency.sweet.web.lg

Watch the ribs part to show the hidden beads glimmering when you stretch them over your hands, and don’t miss the special twisted stitch pattern that adorns the thumb.

fluency.green.web.lg

Pattern fits a wide range of hand sizes. Gloves are fingered or fingerless. Beads are prestrung before knitting, but it’s so worth it!

Fingerless.web.lg

Bead requirement: 96 size 6/0 beads for the pair.

The yarns I chose for this project are very special, and I am very picky indeed about what fibers contact my hands because they are so sensitive.

Abstract Fiber's Soprano is prime in the softness and strength department, with its mix of silk and wool. I chose the Turquoise colorway for my first pair of the gloves, and the Abstract Fiber folks dyed it just for me!! What a thrill!

Plucky Knitter
's Merino Alpaca Silk Worsted is as cozy as cozy gets, and feels wonderful! The fingerless gloves you see here are in the Satin Slippers colorway, so subtle and shimmery.

I do hope you enjoy this special winter treat. The pattern is now available on Ravelry and soon, on my website and all around, thanks to my lovely pattern distributors, Up North Fiber Art Supply.

Fluency.web.lg

Photos by the wonderful Vivian Aubrey. Please do go take at look at her masterful work on her blog.

Next: getting ready for Madrona! If you are going, see you there!

6 comments:

Kat said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

myriadlane said...

these are beautiful!

Maureen said...

Beautiful!! I'm thinking I'll have to give the fingerless mitts a go. The beading is a lovely touch.

Frozencove said...

Beautiful gloves! I love the name
fluency.

Anonymous said...

The first time I looked at the pics I did not see the beads (silly me...how could there NOT be beads) but they are beautiful! I love your work as always.

Mylene said...

The gloves are beautiful!

I really love that orange cardi too. What pattern is it?