Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ophidian

Introducing Ophidian, a new bit of loveliness that will be debuted at the Twist of Fate retreat this month.

Ophidian is a top-down triangle shawl that combines garter stitch with beaded lace, a mix that I have been exploring lately with great delight.

She is shown here in Hazel Knits fingering weight in the hazelnut colorway and Socks that Rock Heavyweight from Blue Moon Fiber Arts in the Vancouver Violet colorway, two very different yarns in two very different weights.

I will allow her to speak for herself... photos by Alex Tinsley, modeled by Vivian Aubrey, both co-workers at Twisted yarn shop in Portland. Thanks, guys!!

As always, click for bigger, and in this case, the whole picture!

Ophidian.cvr

ophidian.back.detail

ophidian.brown.back

ophidian.violet.wide

ophidian.brown.neck

ophidian.brown.neck.me

ophidian.both2

10 comments:

rosalia said...

Both are so beautiful!

Melanie said...

What a lovely and versatile design! I'm lookoing forward to the pattern debut.

Paula said...

Beading is one of the knitting frontiers that I have not yet explored. This shawl could definitely draw me in!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

This shawl really speaks to me and I have the perfect yarn is my stash. Looking forward to the pattern release. I knew I was saving that yarn for something special! Thanks
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

LoriAngela said...

I'm so excited. I haven't knit with beads yet, so I'm really looking forward to the retreat!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Beautiful, Sivia! And it looks like the photo shoot was really fun, too.

Thea said...

Lovely shawls! They make me want to try knitting with beads.

danielle said...

I love the shawl with the beads. Once it has been introduced officially, where can we get it?
I live overseas...

Annie said...

Such pretty shawls!
I dont have the patience!

Jennifer said...

How wonderful. I'm so impressed at all your handiwork!