Sunday, July 20, 2008

Flippancies, as promised

Here is the Merriam-Webster entry for "flippancy"... in case you ever wondered:

flippancy


Main Entry: flip·pan·cy Listen to the pronunciation of flippancy
Pronunciation: \ˈfli-pən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural flip·pan·cies
Date: 1746
: unbecoming levity or pertness especially in respect to grave or sacred matters

Now, God forbid that I be flippant or pert about a grave or sacred matter. But somehow, these new sockies just make me want to smile.

So, without further ado... here is Flippant!



Someone came into Three Bags Full a couple of weeks ago wearing some thongs (on her feet) with little socks underneath, and they were SO CUTE that I had to make my own version. I have done the pattern in three sizes and two lengths, but I would recommend that you make them with some negative ease, especially the shorter one (pictured above and below). See the previous blog post for pictures of the longer version.



It is such a little project, you can use little leftover bits from other sock projects, like the above sample, which is done in Sundara's Fingering Silky Merino in Robin's Egg. Ahhh.. so very, very nice. The other sample is done in koigu, which is nice too, but silky merino? Mm-hmm. Hands down sweet.

Please forgive my unretouched feet in the photos. I didn't have time to search out someone with a pedicure, so here is proof that I am not vain, about my feet anyway.

Click here for the pdf file of the pattern. And have a giggle on me.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh Sivia, these made me laugh, they are wonderful! They are sockinis! Thank you for the pattern.

Angie said...

How adorable and snuggly can you get? I have to go find some yarn and cast on. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Thank you very much for sharing. :o)

Ann said...

They are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Melanie said...

They put a smile on my face too. They are really cute, and they look great under thong sandals. Apart from being pretty, they're practical too. Love 'em.

Strickmuse said...

thanks for sharing - they do make me giggle. Very cute and best idea for leftover yarn. S