Friday, July 24, 2009

To Socks and Beyond

Someone told me recently that my two new patterns, which will be debuted at Sock Summit 09, are “way beyond socks.” I just love that phrase. In a way, it was a great complement, as socks are rather prosaic knitted items and I strive for the unique and well, special. But functionality is key too, as for all sock-like knitted items that are expected to perform well and look awesome.

Form and function.. both so important, don't you agree?

So here, without any more ado, are my two newest creations.

Continuum, so named because my inspiration for the cable design was the Tibetan never ending knot that symbolizes the interconnectness of all beings. Continuum is a cabled and beaded series of leg warmers in three lengths, in dk weight yarn. Here again I thank my friends Sparklefaerie and M.Scott, her able and willing photographer.



The shortest version, cuffs that are meant to go over boots or knee socks.



The longest version, thigh high and bell bottomed leg warmers that drape beautifully.





And these shortie leg warmers, so cute on Sparklefaerie, that warm your knees when your boots aren't quite high enough.

Next, Blossom Dearies, beaded baby booties that are meant for the most angelic of little feet. I named them after one of my favorite singers as a tribute to her tiny but perfect, angelic voice.







Thanks to Zoe Gee, mother of the little angel in this picture, and the angel himself, Teijo Tso.

These patterns will be found at the Sock Summit vendor area at the Carolina Homespun booths and at WEBS. And after Sock Summit, elsewhere of course.

Happy journeys.. to socks and beyond!

5 comments:

Skylark said...

Wonderful blend of beauty and comfort. Thanks for two more fantastic beaded patterns!

Melanie said...

Lovely, functional but oh so exotic!

Unknown said...

Sivia - I am always amazed at your creativity and brilliance. Once more, amazingly beautiful creations. I can't wait to knit them! Have fun at the Sock Summit! Jennifer

Vallee fam fave recipes said...

you are a very talented woman!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, they are lovely! As I will be neither at Sock Summit nor WEBS, I can't wait for those lovely creations to be available elsewhere. I wonder if my 20 month old will still wear sweet little booties.... :)