Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Mystery

What happens when you combine a luscious yarn, a highly textured self-pleating pattern, and a mysterious Moebius structure?

Well, this! (Shown in its current, half-completed state...)









It's a Moebius cowl/wimple/neckwarmer with a mysterious beaded spiral in the middle! I am quite pleased with how this version is coming out. (A previous, much smaller version had been distributed to students in my Moebius Knitting classes at Three Bags Full over the last few months).

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Peru in the Valkyrie colorway. Beads: matte raku blue/purple iris 6/0 seed beads from Earth Faire.

I have been so inspired by the response to the One World Moebius KAL on ravelry. Please keep those pictures and posts coming! So wonderful to see you all in Moebius land. If you haven't looked us up, do join in if you have half a mind to do so, and happy knitting wherever you are...

10 comments:

Skylark said...

LOVE IT, she shouts!

Anonymous said...

Please explain to me - the post for Sunday - the mobius scarf in progree - is this pattern available - or not yet?

Melanie said...

Oh my, that looks so squishy-comfy-cozy. It's lovely. Valkyrie is such a nice colourway, too.

LeTissier said...

Very cool look - Is it "Mock Kilting" by Barbara Walker? I'm looking forward to trying that pattern.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the questions, and here are some answers..

The new Moebius cowl/thingie is still in progress and not yet available, although it shouldn't be too long now (cross fingers!)

The pattern is actually one that I put together.. I am not familiar with Mock Kilting but I will look it up! It took a bit of swatching and reswatching to come up with something that works seamlessly with the Moebius structure. It is not just in the round, it is in the round, mirrored in the center, and must be reversible.

enjoy!...

LeTissier said...

Hi Sivia,
Babara Walker #1 - also called Triangular stitch. It really pulls together and looks very similar to what you have done. I've used it on socks to get a leg that shapes to a real leg - does that make sense.?

Anonymous said...

Ah! Interesting pattern, but these pleats are horizontal, not vertical!

Redford Phyl said...

All I know is that I can't wait to get my hands on that pattern. It really is gorgeous.

Stasia said...

Oh please don't make us wait too long to purchase this pattern! I am going to join the Ravelry group now but I'm not casting on until this one is available - it's too cool...

Anonymous said...

Thank you! It is finished, see today's post... so you won't have to wait too long!